A mentor is a volunteer who gives of their time to a young person. All of COACH Kids Mentors
should have the goal of helping a child reach their God given potential.
As a mentor you will have the satisfaction of making a difference in a young person’s life.
By sharing fun activities and exposing a mentee to new things, you will be encouraging positive choices, increasing their self-esteem, supporting academic achievement, and opening doors to different opportunities.
So What Does Mentoring Look Like?
What is Required:
- Must be willing to adhere to all program policies and procedures
- Must be willing to complete the application, interview, and screening process
- Be dependable and consistent in meeting the time commitments
- Attend required trainings as prescribed
- Be willing to communicate regularly with program staff, submit activity information, and take constructive feedback regarding mentoring activities
- Have access to an automobile; have auto insurance and a good driving record
- Have a clean criminal history
- Not use illicit drugs
- Not use alcohol or controlled substances in an inappropriate manner