A mentor is a volunteer who gives of their time to a young person. All of COACH Kids Mentors
should have the goal of helping a child reach their God given potential.
As a mentor you will have the satisfaction of making a difference in a young person’s life.
By sharing fun activities and exposing a mentee to new things, you will be encouraging positive choices, increasing their self-esteem, supporting academic achievement, and opening doors to different opportunities.
So What Does Mentoring Look Like?
Investment of Time:
- Mentors will invest in a child’s life for a minimum of one year
- Mentors will meet with their matches a minimum of 1-2 hours per week, or 4-6 hours per month
- Mentors will maintain regular weekly contact with match via phone or face-to-face contact
- Mentors will maintain monthly communication with COACH staff to keep up-to-date records of friendship’s progress
- Mentors will attend 1 required training at start of their mentoring year and a minimum of 1 COACH event per year